Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Kitchen continued...

Well among all of the other things going on this week I managed to sneak in a few hours of work on the kitchen today. I'm still working on a combination of the accent and ambient lighting - so far I've dropped a few recessed lights into the ceiling to add accents onto the cabinets and to add some fill lighting into the corners of the kitchen.

Unfortunately the down-lights are being overpowered by the primary light, so although they fill out the room's lighting, the accent on the cabinets is lost. I wanted to change out the down-light bulbs to halogen spots anyway, which are brighter and whiter at the same wattage. If that doesn't completely balance the lighting I'll also lower the luminance of the primary light.

Here's a quick photo, which also contains a few test spots for the new wall color:



I can't wait until those cabinet doors go. :)

-John

No comments: