Friday, April 25, 2014

John Kabus: Available for freelance and consulting!

Good news!  I'm now available for both short and long-term freelance and consulting, this includes work spanning anywhere up to six months, possibly more (depending on the project).

As many of you know at the end of every product cycle I take on freelance and consulting work to help fellow businesses and developers with their projects. It also gives me the opportunity to step away from my normal routine, see the industry from different perspectives, meet and work with new people, and generally clear my head for the next round of technology development.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm the founder of Synapse Gaming and lead developer / architect on all of our products, including SunBurn. I've also done freelance work for Microsoft, Disney, British Airways, and others:

http://www.synapsegaming.com/external/personal/JohnKabus-Freelance.pdf

I'm open to any number of different projects and products, both in and out of the game industry.

For developers using SunBurn this is an excellent opportunity to work one-on-one with the product architect. And rest assured development continues on all your favorite SG products in the meantime.

Please contact me via email: jkabus@synapsegaming.com

-John Kabus



Edit: over the weekend I was asked some excellent questions about the types of projects I'd consider:

  • Would you consider working on non-game products / projects?  Absolutely, part of stepping back and clearing my head involves a large chunk of work away from the game industry.
  • Would you consider working on small indie game projects?  Absolutely, I've worked on a lot of smaller projects / products over the years and loved doing it.
And some that are SunBurn specific:
  • Would you consider working on custom builds of SunBurn?  Absolutely, but please keep in mind these are not created by Synapse Gaming and cannot be supported / updated like official releases.
  • Would you consider working on new official SunBurn features or platforms?  Absolutely, assuming the features or platforms make sense to maintain long-term (when we put stuff into SunBurn we maintain and grow it), being contracted by the community to develop specific features and platforms is an excellent idea.


No comments: